Flag Germany

New service for students at Lindenthal town hall

Foto Rathaus Lindenthal

The city of Cologne has developed new and special advisory services, in cooperation with the Kölner Studierendenwerk and all universities of Cologne for all Cologne students. This service will be offered in the district town hall (Bezirksrathaus) of Lindenthal.


If you are about to begin your studies and are moving to Cologne, then the town hall in the district Lindenthal is now offering a new service. Regardless of the district you live in, you can make an appointment at Lindenthal town hall (Bezirksrathaus Lindenthal), Aachener Strasse 220 at the corner of Oskar-Jäger-Strasse.

Here, for example, you can:

  • register your new place of residence
  • apply for an ID card or passport (German citizens only)
  • apply for an income tax card (Lohnsteuerkarte)
  • apply for a certificate according to the Freedom of Movement Act for EU citizens (Freizügigkeitsbescheinigung)
  • apply for a residence permit for non-EU citizens (Aufenthaltserlaubnis)

To get you through directly to the right person, there are two different hotlines:

Hotline for students from Germany and the European Union:
0221- 221 93339

Hotline for students from outside the European Union:
0221- 221 93450

When you call, you will be told which documents you need to bring to the appointment.

Detailed information for students from outside the European Union.

For further information on the services offered by the city administration and official opening hours please consult www.stadt-koeln.de (keyword: “Buergerservice”).

You can reach Lindenthal town hall by bus (number 137) and city railway (number 1, 7, 13) – station Aachener Strasse / Gürtel.



New service for students at Lindenthal town hall


Bezirksrathaus Lindenthal, Aachener Str. 220


Bezirksrathaus Lindenthal


Zuletzt aktualisiert am 11.10.2010