Facebook Button

Financing your Studies

BAFöG (German student loan)

International students are entitled to BAFöG under certain conditions (e.g. if the students' parents have been working in the Federal Republic of Germany for at least 3 years; if one parent is German; if the applicant is an officially recognised refugee or if the applicant is a foreigner who is married to a German citizen). You can find more information about BAFöG at InfoPoint in the UniMensa and in the Department for Academic Grants at the students union of Cologne (Amt für Ausbildungsförderung).



  • Scholarships from the Ministry for Education and Research (Ministeriums für Bildung und Forschung)
  • Scholarships for financially disadvantaged students who come from developing countries. Those students have to be at the final stage of their studies. You can apply for financial aid at the beginning of the year at the International Office of the University Of Applied Sciences Of Cologne and at the International Offices of other universities.
  • The Student Union of Cologne has collected a lot of possibilities for support:
    list of scholarships

Last Updated on Monday, 27 August 2018 13:06