For your successful start in Cologne

We would like to help you finding your way around Cologne. If you have any question about your studies and daily life in Germany, check out the helpful link list below.

How Do I finance my Studies in Germany?




BAföG (German Federal Training Assistance Act) can be provided to international student only under certain circumstances.Check here for contacts.



If you want to apply for a scholarship, check out the following links


Student jobs

Are you looking for a student job? Here are some helpful links with contacts about what you need to know beforehand.

Health Insurance

As a student in Germany, you are required to have health insurance. Here are some helpful information.

Statutory/Public health insurance

For advice, please contact our Social Counseling. For more information check out the information provided by the Deutsches Studierendenwerk.

Private health insurance

After your 30th birthday or your 14th term of study you can no longer get public health insurance at the favourable student rate. Therefore, the Deutsches Studentenwerk has made a general agreement with the UNION Versicherungsdienst GmbH and Advigon Versicherung AG for students who cannot get insurance with a public health fund. Find out more here.

Tip: The Deutsche Studentenwerk has summarized all important information about stuying in germany here.